Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Shoes, Shoes!

I've struggled with the shoes. I've ordered countless pairs from zappos.com (free overnight shipping to and from). This is what we've decided on:

Him: Keen Presidio: he loves these shoes...and he's picky! He has worn them a ton and just raves about them. As a woman, I approve them for casual jeans and casual khakis. He's also taking his Nike tennis shoes because he just can't go without them. These 2 are the only shoes he's taking. The Keen Presidio's can be found at: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7241238/c/714.html

Me: Okay, I've tried and tried. The woman's dilemma is the casual but cute and dressy but comfortable. I've literally ordered and tried on a ton of shoes. Here's what I settled on:

1. Casual: Privo Tequini. These shoes looked good with some pants I bought, and I thought they would look good with some fall casual outfits. I "tried them out" on a weekend visit to D.C. and....they ATE my heels! Nasty blisters and bleeding! They do look cute though, and I will take them and report on if they're "broken in" or not.

See at: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/10214260/c/89157.html



2. Casual: Keen Barcelona Mary Jane. These were so comfortable when I first ordered them to try. However, the color wasn't as versatile as I'd hoped (I ordered Sahara). After the Privo's consumed my heels, I ordered these as my backup. I haven't done any extensive walking in them, however, so I'm interested to see if they have a "break-in" period...we'll see.

See at: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7292350/c/3575.html

3. Dressy but comfortable: Creston by Naturalizer. I looked long and hard for these. I wanted black for ankle pants and skirts. I had ballet slipper type in mind. I settled on the Creston by Naturalizer because of its reviews. I wore it to work several days...and it was uncomfortable and resulted in blisters. However, I took these to D.C. for a "trial run" and enjoyed them. I think they needed a break in period. For all day touring...no! But for dinner and a walk...I'm hopeful. I'll report back on whether they met my expectations.

See at: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7325299/c/72.html

No comments: